Adora’s 2021 Guide to Restaurant Technology
🕐 5 Minute Read
Adora’s 2021 Guide to Restaurant Technology
| RESTAURANT TECHNOLOGY
A lot can change in a year—especially in the hospitality industry. 2020 was a year of adapting and pivoting, and 2021 is going to be all about learning how to incorporate those changes into a successful, long-term strategy. From taking orders, to prepping meals, to handling payments, restaurants are incorporating new innovations into almost every aspect of their businesses.
Thankfully, technology is keeping up with the changing dynamics of the restaurant world.
Let’s take a look at a few key resources you can use to increase profits, streamline day-to-day processes, and help customers feel safe and at ease:
A New Standard for Sanitation
As a restaurant owner, you’ve always been concerned about hygiene. However, the threat of COVID means keeping your kitchen and dining room immaculate isn’t enough.
The pandemic has brought about innovations in sanitation technology like air purification systems, germ-killing UV lights, and even robots to encourage social distancing. The future is here when it comes to sanitation.
Keep Your Kitchen Running Smoothly
Industry veterans might remember the days when most kitchen lines were filled with hand-written tickets (and the mistakes that came along with such an antiquated, error-prone method). Kitchen technology has come a long way, and today’s top-notch display systems can:
- Automatically prioritize orders
- Show items that have been updated or deleted
- Indicate which orders are paid or unpaid
- Minimize mistakes and prevent food waste
No matter how technologically advanced your restaurant may be, there will always be times when you unexpectedly need an order ‘on the fly’. With the right kitchen display system, your team will be able to handle the ups and downs of service without getting ‘in the weeds’.
Bring Tech to the Table
Employees aren’t the only ones who are incorporating technology into the dining experience. Customers are increasingly relying on—and often expecting—consumer-facing, contact-reducing technology when they go out to eat. Take a look at these tools you can use to help keep customers safe:
- QR codes: With a quick scan of a customized QR code, guests can view your menu and place their order. Their ticket will print directly to the kitchen, which saves time and reduces errors.
- Contactless Payments: Collecting payment has never been easier. Customers can download an app and pay directly from their smartphone. This adds a whole new layer to the idea of money ‘changing hands’.
- Kiosks: Self-ordering kiosks are essentially an extra set of hands for your business. It’s easy to configure a POS like Adora to work with your kiosk, and it will make the ordering process faster and more accurate.
Upgraded Delivery and Takeout Infrastructure
For many restaurants, delivery and takeout now makes up a greater percentage of their overall sales. This means it’s crucial to take advantage of the technological solutions available for handling increasingly important parts of your business.
Third-party integration, delivery route optimization, real-time order tracking, and efficient curbside pickup options are all features you can use to boost your off-premise sales. With Adora, you’ll have access to all these great features—and more.
Powerhouse POS Systems
Long gone are the days of just expecting your point of sale system to send orders, print receipts, and run credit cards. Today, state-of-the-art POS systems, like Adora, offer time-saving, efficiency-boosting features. Take a look how today’s systems go above and beyond sending orders:
- Cloud Compatibility: All you need is an internet connection to access your POS on any platform, anytime. Plus, your information is 100% safe and secure, so you can take worrying about your system crashing off of your list of stressors.
- Enterprise Management: With Adora, all it takes is a few clicks to manage your menu items, inventory, and discounts.
- 24/7 Support: You’re never alone when you use Adora. Our call center is there to provide unparalleled support—no matter what your hours of operation are.
- Plus, Adora already integrates other key 2021 technology innovations like QR codes, contactless payments, delivery management, and self-ordering kiosks.
The Way Forward in 2021
Some things about the restaurant industry will never change. Providing delicious food, outstanding customer service, and genuine hospitality are a few good examples.
However, restaurant technology is one aspect of the business that’s constantly shifting. Embracing helpful innovations is a key to succeeding in the ‘new normal’—without sacrificing the things that make restaurants an integral part of communities across the nation.